I am pleased to share this update on one of my clients. I am so proud of their progress! The family of East Penn Manufacturing Company.
Greg High, Founder and President of GH Family Business Consulting LLC was recently interviewed by the Mid-Atlantic Real Estate Journal. To view the interview, please click on the link below…
Click on the full article from the Central Penn Business Journal below…
Our firm and founder recently appeared in the Central Penn Business Journal.
Please click on the link below (you may need to be a subscriber to view the entire article):
Our firm and founder recently appeared in Lancaster Newspapers.
Please click on the link below:
For Immediate Release – February 28, 2018
Today, Greg High, Founder & President of GH Family Business Consulting LLC announced that the firm has become an official sponsor of Transitions East 2018. Transitions East 2018 will be held in St. Petersburg, Florida at the Vinoy Rennaisance Hotel from April 11-13. The event is sponsored by Family Business Magazine and is the only conference created for family companies, by family companies.
“This conference brings together families that are seeking best practices to incorporate into their family businesses. It aligns well with our vision to meet the unique needs of each of these families and businesses by drawing upon the broad based hands-on knowledge of our own businesses and our in-depth research on family business governance.” said, Greg High.
For more information, please visit: https://www.familybusinessmagazine.com/conference/transitions-east-2018
About GH Family Business Consulting LLC:
Using knowledge he obtained in his own successful family business consisting of ten different companies in very diverse industries (see http://www.high.net), coupled with his in-depth research on family business governance, Greg High launched GH Family Business Consulting LLC to provide family governance support to other families who are in business together. Since that time, Greg has provided a myriad of services and support to assist families and their companies. To learn more, please visit www.ghfamily.net
These are my initial recommendations for those who want to improve or enhance the family side of their family business:
- Start as soon as possible. You can never start too early.
- In order to truly make a difference, it will require time, focus and commitment from the family, money for dedicated family leadership; as well as, money for external consulting resources.
- Involve an outside facilitator or facilitators who have experience that is specific to the needs of your family. Find someone with the right background who all family members respect and trust (Note: Family members tend to be on their best behavior when an outside facilitator is in the room).
- You (meaning a senior family member) may need to provide initial leadership for the family; however, if you can identify someone from the next generation who is capable and interested, transition the leadership to him/her as soon as possible.
- Work on the “soft” items first (voicing issues from the past and moving beyond them) to create an open environment where eventually the work can get done, but never drop or lose sight of the soft items either.
- If there are deep-seated historical hurts or issues in the family, it is best to work with a trained counselor who can help the individuals and the group deal with them the best they can first and then move on.
- The newly formed Family Council should develop a Charter. Why are we meeting? What do we hope or plan to accomplish? Why is this work important to the business, the Board, and the management team?
Compliments of GH Family Business Consulting LLC