WHAT SETS US APART:
We bring over 25 years of hands-on experience in our own successful family business to assist family members in starting or enhancing the family governance side of their family business.
This is not just an academic exercise, we are doing this for our own family business every day, so we fully understand the challenges you are facing.
WHY WE DO IT:
While working on our own family business, we have learned about the benefits of focusing time and energy on the family side of the business.
We have developed structures and processes that optimize the input and impact that family members can have on the business. We want to help you do the same.
WHAT WE DO:
We help specifically where you need us the most.
Below are just a few examples of how we have helped other families:
- Develop or enhance your Family Council. If you don’t know what a Family Council is or what it can do for you and your business – contact me! I encourage you to get started as soon as possible.
- Develop or enhance your Family Assembly
- Establish or enhance Next Generation groups
- Develop shareholder charters and family policies
- Develop educational programs for the next generation
- Establish or enhance your corporate culture / operating philosophy
- Measure and improve engagement of co-workers
- Organize family philanthropy – foundations, corporate and personal giving
- Review and develop optimal governance structures that will work for existing and future shareholders – ownership succession.
- Capture your company history and tell your story in a way that positively impacts your family, customers, co-workers, suppliers and the community. For an example, please visit www.sdhleadershipcenter.com
- Assist the next generation to identify their personal strengths and individual interests and determine their level of interest in working in the business.
- Serve as a neutral, experienced, independent family business voice for your Family Council, Family Assembly and/or Board of Directors.
- We address many other needs that are specific to your family and your family business.
WHAT WE WON’T DO:
- Set up legal governance structures or ownership trusts– attorneys are your best resource here.
- Convince the next generation of owners that they should remain as owners of the business and/or work in the family business if that is clearly not what they want to do. Instead, we help them to identify their strengths and where they can best utilize those strengths inside and/or outside the family business.
- We can help to improve communication among family members using various governance structures and techniques, but we can’t wave a magic wand and make all of your past difficulties go away. Our work combined with individual and group therapy by an outside licensed therapist (not affiliated with GH Family Business Consulting LLC) will have a higher chance of success.
- To view our company brochure, please click here: EBrochure for GH Family Business Consulting LLC
- Please contact Greg High at email@example.com or call 717-293-4548 for more information.
Official Sponsor of Transitions East 2018